Sunday, July 5, 2015

Chopping and changing...dairy farm land remains the same


It seems that Key guy is as slippery as one of those Stonegrill pans my friends are fond of (Teflon John rides again!) ...and if you can unlock the English Key code you'll find they are a teency weency bit worried about the economy in the face of falling dairy incomes.
Yesterday Mr English was saying the dairy industry was "probably a smaller part of [the economy] than most people think".
By this morning, after much questioning Mr Slippery as an Eel Key was saying:
"What happens is that dairy farmers will spend less money in those local communities...(Banks) have a very fluid overdraft system."
That doesn't sound very healthy to my fifth form economic class mind but who am I to comment...
Mr Key pinned our economy on the fact that dairy farm prices are not moving...
I would like to know from you if this is purely PR spin...I haven't seen many if any farms for sale in the past six  months...and with vegetable growers putting equal pressure on sales I can't say if what he is saying is true.
Tell me your thoughts? Is recession really tied up in land value and if so how?

No comments:

Post a Comment